STEP-BY-STEP: HOW TO WORK WITH YOUR NEW PRENATAL AND POSTNATAL CLIENTS
If you're working with new pregnant or postnatal clients, you need to know this!
FOLLOW THESE FOUR EASY STEPS⠀
1. Get them to fill out a Client Information for specifically for Pre and Postnatal.
2. Get them to fill out the Pelvic Floor Screening tool.
3. Give them the Pelvic Floor Muscle Training brochure for their homework.
4. Give them a long slow warm up, a workout that focuses on engaging and relaxing the pelvic floor muscles, arm work to increase strength for all that lifting, Postural exercises to take the pressure off the lower back and open out rounded shoulders, a long slow cooldown.
It's really important to look after your pre and postnatal clients. There are a few things you need to keep in mind:
· Do not lie on the back after 16 weeks prenatal. · Do not stand on one leg due to the shearing force it can have on the pelvic girdle.⠀ · Avoid heavy abdominal exercise as this can put undue pressure on the pelvic floor and make abdominal separation worse. · Do not overthink when working with your pre and postnatal clients.
Everyone is different and experiences each pregnancy differently.
JUST BE THERE FOR YOUR CLIENTS!
Don't forget to save this article to use as a checklist so you're prepared! ⠀
I'm curious, what is your FAVOURITE exercises to do with your Pregnant or postnatal clients?